Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My take on the Best Broccoli of Your Life


So having made this fabulous recipe a few times already, I got inspired when I saw some lovely orange cauliflower at Whole Foods. I figured it would make a nice substitute for the broccoli in the recipe, and then I just got carried away. Blood oranges were also looking wonderful, so I tossed them in the cart, too.

So, to start with my lovely ingredients: Fresh garlic, shredded pecorino-romano, and an extremely ripe blood orange.


Next up: The cauliflower and sliced garlic, tossed in a healthy amount of olive oil, and sprinkled with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.



Fresh out of the oven, and sprinkled with LOTS of the pecorino-romano. Yum!


For the finishing touch, I squeezed the blood orange all over the cauliflower. Mmmm.


This was definitely a success. It was tangy, salty, and just a little bit sweet. I ate it all in one sitting!

1 comment: